CircleBack provides cutting-edge solutions to manage business contacts. We are committed to making sure your contacts are up-to-date, in a unified address book, and accessible on every device. With CircleBack, you will always have everything you need to maintain and strengthen your relationships. We do this by using the power of crowdsourcing, in which users of our apps and services contribute their contact data to our Business Contact Database. We use this data, anonymize it, and match it with billions of other data points from millions of other users who have contributed their data as well, to determine the best business contact data for each individual.
The CircleBack family includes the CircleBack websites and web-based and mobile apps and APIs, which include CircleBack, ContactSaver, ScanBizCards, Web Sync, Card Scan, CleanUp Suite, CleanupDuplicate Contacts and Cleanup: remove multiple contacts fast, Email Capture API and People and Company Append API.
Information We Collect
When you register for and use our services, you may provide to us the following types of Personal Information about yourself and your contacts:
- Registration Information. To open a CircleBack Account, you must provide your name, email address, and a password.
- Credit Card Information. When you purchase some of our services, you provide your payment card information.
- Social Networking and Email Platform Information. For some of our services, you must link your CircleBack account with another email, network, or social network account. When you link accounts with your CircleBack account, you provide your email account or network credentials, including your passwords, and other account information. More information about Social Networking and Email Platform Information is provided below.
- Referral Information. When you use CircleBack to refer our Services to your contacts or friends, we will collect and use any contact information you choose to provide to automatically generate an invitation to the contacts and friends you select. The contact information you may choose to provide may include information from your address books, online email services, and other mobile or online services. We do not use or store Referral Information for any other purposes.
- Feedback Information. You may provide additional information through online forms, surveys, contests, and communications or by other means. We store this information and associate it with your Registration Information. You are not required to provide such information to us, but some Services may not be available to you unless you do.
- Application Data. When you choose to install and use our Services, you consent to our collection of contact information about you and your contacts on your mobile device and in the various address books that you choose to link to your account. Application Data includes Personal Address Book Information and communication information. You may also choose to grant us additional permissions at any other time.
- Personal Address Book Information. We collect the contacts included on your mobile device and in your address books linked to your CircleBack account (your “Personal Address Books”). This may include both personal and business contacts.
- In addition, we may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including:
- Information about your smart device, including unique device identifiers, the manufacturer of your device, the phone model, the operating system used, mobile network information, screen usage data, and the version of the Application or Services.
- Information about your browser, including log information, Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring URL and the date and time of the request, hardware settings, and other system information, such as system activity and crashes.
- Screen usage data and other aggregate, or statistical data.
You can find more information about how we protect your information here.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information:
- for registration;
- to help serve you relevant and meaningful content;
- to provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- to contact you as described below;
- to charge your payment card if you have opted into certain premium Services;
- to populate our Business Contact Database;
- to determine, promote and enhance the accuracy, completeness and freshness of the contact information in our users’ Personal Address Books;
- to improve the accuracy of our OCR processing for the individual and collective benefit of our users and the contacts represented; and
- for our internal business purposes.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you:
- regarding the Services;
- in response to your inquiries and requests;
- with alerts or newsletters;
- with updates about your Personal Address Books;
- with opportunities to participate in polls, quizzes, and surveys or contest and reward programs; and
- with promotional messages on our behalf or on behalf of our trusted partners.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions in each communication, by changing your email settings in your Account Settings, or by contacting us through the CircleBack Privacy Contact Form.
We also may use Personal Information with your consent or as otherwise required by law.
We use the information we automatically collect about your use of the Services to evaluate the performance of the Services, and to generate aggregate statistics for our benefit or for our service providers and trusted partners.
The Business Contact Database
The business contact information we collect from you and your address books when you use our Services (including name, company, business title, work address, work phone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number, and business email address) is stored in our central database (the “Business Contact Database”). The Business Contact Database may also contain data from publicly available sources and from our trusted business partners.
We apply our patented algorithms on the data housed in the Business Contact Database to identify the most up-to-date business information for each contact. We may provide the up-to-date business contact information that we derive to our users, clients, and business partners to ensure their business address books and business contacts are always kept current. More information about how we share the information in the Business Contact Database is provided below.
We make best efforts to remove any non-business information, such as home address, home phone numbers, personal email addresses and personal mobile phone numbers from the contact information we collect from you before populating the Business Contact Database. These personal data elements are not permitted in the Business Contact Database.
Email Signature Capture Functionality, including ContactSaver
Our email signature capture functionality offers a quick and convenient way to keep your Address Books up-to-date by allowing us to capture new contact information from email signature blocks and header information. To accomplish this, we must access and monitor your email account. We do not read your emails. With your authorization, we automatically capture email header information and any signature blocks contained in any email stored in or sent from your email account. We will collect the following information, if available, for each person from their signatures in your emails:
- Email address
- Job title and department
- Business phone numbers (general, direct and fax)
- Company name
- Postal address of company
- Business related postal address of person
- Corporate website URLs
- Social Networking URLs
- Manager’s Name
- Assistant’s Name
From the headers of your emails, we collect:
- The date the email message was sent or received
- Email addresses and names of recipients and senders
As soon as we have captured the email addresses and signature block information from your emails, we immediately purge the rest of the email content from our system.
We use various third parties to help provide the most valuable Services to you as possible. The provisions that follow set out our relationships with the following third parties as they relate to your information:
- Service Providers
- Social Networks and Email Platforms
- Ad Servers
Service Providers. Our service providers may include network advertisers, ad agencies, third-party traffic measurement services, and other vendors. We use these third-party service providers:
- to collect and store data regarding use of our website and Services;
- to serve our advertisements on other websites, within third party applications, and across the Internet;
- to provide us with information regarding the effectiveness of our advertisements; and
- to build and maintain user profiles.
To provide these analytics and advertisement services, our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to our websites and use of our Services. They also may store the information we collect about you.
Applications with integrated Appboy software can build rich user profiles that help support user segmentation and location targeting, multi-channel messaging (push notifications, in-app messages, email), and in-app news feeds, feedback and in-app customer support. Appboy analytics also provide insights about our Services, including key metrics that help us manage and improve those Services. Appboy may collect your information including:
- Device and network information, including platform information, a uniquely generated ID, operating system version, IP address, network carrier, and a country code.
- Application information, such as which applications you use, how you use them, and the frequency and duration of usage.
- Personal Information that you share with our applications.
- Personal Information from third parties used for authentication when you login to our applications using social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or Google, including your name, email address, location, gender, interests, device, application usage, user ID, and contact information.
- Device location information if location services are enabled for our applications.
Appboy uses the information collected from you to provide us with insight into your use of our Services. Appboy may disclose information to us and to our third-party advertising partners and networks.
Appboy may disclose information to others in the form of aggregated, anonymous data, including information about which applications users have downloaded and the way those applications are used. Appboy uses information about you collected from third-party partners in compliance with the terms set forth by those third parties. Appboy may also transfer information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where third parties process information on Appboy’s behalf.
You may opt out of the collection of information by Appboy by not providing information to our applications. To access your information collected by Appboy or if you have any questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com.
Social Networks and Email Platforms. We offer you the option of linking your social networking (such as Twitter and Facebook) and email accounts (such as Gmail) with your CircleBack Account. Some of our Services require you to link accounts. For example, to use our ContactSaver Service, you must link your email account to your CircleBack Account.
Ad Servers. We may use third-party ad servers to serve ads that may interest you. These third-party ad-servers may automatically collect information about your visit to our websites and to other websites. They do this by using Cookies, Web Beacons and other technologies. The information ad servers collect may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage of the Services and visits to the Sites and the other websites tracked by these third parties. Third-party ad servers may collect and use Personal Information from other sources as part of their ad serving.
If you would like more information about ad servers and to know your choices about not having this information used by third-party ad servers, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org and https://www.aboutads.info.
You may choose to opt out of our use of your Personal Information or unsubscribe from our Services at any time. To request that we stop using your Personal Information, or to unsubscribe, please send a request through the CircleBack Privacy Contact Form. Additional verification information may be required to process your requests. We will respond to your verified requests within thirty (30) days.
You also may update your Registration Information through your Account on our Services. You also may stop using our Services by removing our applications from your device. For Services that access or link to any other account you may have (e.g., email or social media accounts), you must deactivate the links between your CircleBack account and your other accounts to stop using our Services. Please note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives prior to your opt out. To help ensure data quality and accuracy, business professionals whose business contact information may be listed in the Business Contact Database may access their own business information upon request.
You can prevent collection of Personal Information from third-party email and social networking services (such as Facebook, Twitter or Google) by not linking your email or social networking accounts with your CircleBack account.
Additionally, you may opt out of the collection of information by Appboy by not providing information to our applications or by uninstalling our mobile applications that integrate the Appboy services. To access your information collected by Appboy or if you have any questions or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the choices outlined above, you may adjust any settings and permissions on your device(s), browser(s), and social networking and email accounts. Please refer to information from your device manufacturer and other services providers to determine how to make these changes.
How We Retain Information
How We Protect Information
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information against unauthorized access and disclosure both online and offline. These measures include the implementation of reasonable technical, physical and administrative data security safeguards that are consistent with our business operations and industry standards. For example, we use secure socket layer (“SSL”) or other encryption technology when transmitting your Personal Information between your system and ours.
We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Access to Personal Information is restricted so that only certain of our employees are granted access to information as appropriate to perform specific jobs and tasks. Some information is also stored in an encrypted form within our own databases. We use appropriate security measures to store payment card information.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our systems, no applications, website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe (including your username and password), and to log out of your account after each use.
Our Services are not intended for or directed to children. Children under 18 are not eligible to use our Services. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account and purchase the Services advertised through our websites and applications. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to delete or destroy such information from our records.
International Users and Onward Transfer
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us through the CircleBack Privacy Contact Form. Please allow 30 days for us to respond to any such request.
We do not collect Personal Information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services as a Third-Party Ad Server. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to the Sites, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal. Where a user or web browser transmits a “do not track” signal, third parties that place cookies and collect information on the Sites will be able to see that such a signal has been transmitted.
If you have general questions or comments, or would like to learn more about us, please contact us at https://www.circleback.com, or at our mailing address:
1600 Tysons Blvd, Suite 550
McLean, VA 22102